Your Airline

busyLoading Poll...

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Make a Donation

Do you like the program? Why not donate some money to maintain and improve this website and the program?

Enter Amount:

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New look roster on connected portal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Problem Reporting

TOPIC: New look roster on connected portal

Re: New look roster on connected portal 1 year, 5 months ago #2964

• Nils
Ok, a little update on this issue.

I've tried everything I could think of to fix this in Roster2Outlook, but without luck.

The only solution I see now is start all over again. Of course I can still use (most of) the old code, but it will take a lot of time.

What I'll do - and I actually started already - is make a new version that will only export the roster. It will use all settings and downloads from Roster2Outlook. So after downloading your roster, you have to start the new program to export the roster. This can all go automatically, using the settings in the original program.

If this works, I can slowly add more of the old functionality from the original program to the new version. But that will take some time.

I admit it's not an ideal solution, but at least it'll get our rosters in Outlook again. By starting from scratch, I can also make some improvements.

Hopefully I can get a first version to you before Christmas. Based on what I've done so far I think that is very realistic. Let's hope I don't run into other problems!

Nils
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates!
The following user(s) said Thank You: duff, zaebrey

Re: New look roster on connected portal 1 year, 5 months ago #2968

Fantastic Nils.
That sounds like a lot of work. Here's hoping you can at least get a new version to export to Outlook. I'm in danger of sounding selfish but that would be pretty much all I need.
"We're all counting on you". (Airplane 1980)
CT

Re: New look roster on connected portal 1 year, 5 months ago #2969

• Nils
Ok good news!

I managed to make a tool that is able to export the rosters downloaded by the older Roster2Outlook version to Outlook.

You can download it from:

roster2outlook.com/index.php/download/category/1-roster2outlook

Some notes:

First it is an EXE file, so you might get some warnings from Windows. This file will only read the rosters in your Roster2Outlook folder and export them to Outlook.

When you run the file, Roster2Outlook must be closed, but you should get a message if Roster2Outlook is still running. The worst that can happen is that your duties will be exported with default settings to the default Outlook folder.

The tool will only export to Outlook. If it is confirmed that this works, I'll make the other options from Roster2Outlook available as soon as possible.

As I only had a limited number of rosters in the new format, some rosters might still give some problems. In this case, please let me know and send me the roster. I've used the old code (with some small changes), so I expect most rosters to work.

My AIM is to build from this version onwards. Slowly adding functionality from the old versions into this one. And maybe also add some new features if possible. However, I still have limited time, so initially I will be focussed on getting the export function to work for everyone.

Please give as much feedback as possible.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates!
The following user(s) said Thank You: traveliron

Re: New look roster on connected portal 1 year, 5 months ago #2970

Thanks Nils. Just run it and got my roster on my outlook\hotmail calendar. Thats fantastic. Im sure all of the other features are very handy but for me just getting my roster onto a web calendar so that I can share it & have it on my phone is the most important thing.
Thanks again & Happy Christmas.

Al

Re: New look roster on connected portal 1 year, 4 months ago #2971

Hi Nils
Downloaded roster with the old R2O and then exported using your v4. It worked perfectly. No issues.
Thanks
Chris

Re: New look roster on connected portal 1 year, 4 months ago #2972

Hi Nils,

Merry x-mas to you too!

I downloaded the new tool and it does export all duties correct, however there is an error on the end. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 on a 64-bit system. See error code below. Hope it might help you for any future coding. Also, my 'exit' button doesn't work but I'll just use the top-right X to close. Thanks for your effort!

Arjan

Error code:

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): Onbekende fout
bij Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
bij Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
bij Roster2Outlook_v4.Form1.WriteToOutlook()
bij Roster2Outlook_v4.Form1.ReadRoster(String RosterFile)
bij Roster2Outlook_v4.Form1.StartNowToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
mscorlib
Assembly-versie: 4.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Roster2Outlook v4
Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Arjan/EZY/Roster/Roster2Outlook%20v4.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly-versie: 10.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34294 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34285 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34283 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
Win32-versie: 4.0.30319.34297 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook
Assembly-versie: 15.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 15.0.4885.1001
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook/15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll
office
Assembly-versie: 15.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 15.0.4885.1001
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/office/15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/office.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
Assembly-versie: 10.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/v4.0_10.0.0.0_nl_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by arjanhes.
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds