Your Airline

busyLoading Poll...

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Make a Donation

Do you like the program? Why not donate some money to maintain and improve this website and the program?

Enter Amount:

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

No more support for Google
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Problem Reporting
  • Page:

TOPIC: No more support for Google

No more support for Google 2 years, 9 months ago #2700

• Nils
Since Google stopped support for the (old) APIs Roster2Outlook was using to export to Google, I've been trying to find a new way.

Sadly enough this didn't result in a satisfactory solution. Yes, I was able to export duties to Google with Roster2Outlook, but this caused more problems than solutions.

Because of the limited time I've available to work on Roster2Outlook, I have decided to stop supporting export to Google. I'll soon release a basic version that exports to Outlook or ICS. For those who still want to use Roster2Outlook and Google, you have to sync Google with Outlook or import the ICS file manually in Google. I'll also try to add support for Outlook.com, so it will be possible to export to an online calendar. You should then also be able to link Outlook.com to Google.

Nils
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by admin.

Re: No more support for Google 2 years, 9 months ago #2705

• kaer
Hi Nils.

Really sorry to hear this, but I do understand though.
Its working very good for me at the moment though !?

The reason I use it, was because Google stopped syncing with Outlook ! (I used to export to Outlook, and then use google sync to sync to Gmail,
but they stopped that a couple of years ago.......) So is there a new way of doing that ?

On another note - have you had a chance to run R2O on windows 10 yet ?

Rgds.

Morten

Re: No more support for Google 2 years, 9 months ago #2706

I just upgraded to windows 10 and Roster2outlook stop working.
It doesn't download the roster. The % bar moves up to 60% then goes back to 50% and it gets stuck there.
Anybody else having the same problem?
Thanks
L

Re: No more support for Google 2 years, 9 months ago #2707

Windows time and date settings was set in American MM/DD/YYYY. R2O was showing the date in that way.
Changed windows setting to English DD-MMM-YYYY (R2O now showing it this way also) and it all works fine.

Re: No more support for Google 2 years, 9 months ago #2708

• Nils
I've Roster2Outlook running on Windows 10 now without any problems.

About syncing Outlook and Google, I thought this was still possible. I think this might have been the reason why I changed from Google to Outlook.com. So I'm not sure if it is still possible in another way.

I won't take away the beta version, but I don't think I have time to make big changes to it. If it's just a small change I might be able to do so.

The big problem here is that Microsoft and Google don't seem to be willing to make their products work together. And that is also the problem I'm now facing. To make it work I have to use newer version of the MS .NET Framework and the newer API's and for some reason that gives problems on some computers. With the beta I've worked around some of them, but I'm still not happy with the result. It works for some, but doesn't for others. So that's really difficult for me to support.

Nils

Re: No more support for Google 2 years, 9 months ago #2709

• Nils
Maybe this will work?

outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/

Nils
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds