Your Airline

busyLoading Poll...

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Make a Donation

Do you like the program? Why not donate some money to maintain and improve this website and the program?

Enter Amount:

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Some sad news
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Problem Reporting
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some sad news

Some sad news 3 years, 1 month ago #2410

• Nils
Hi all,

As you have probably noticed I haven't been around on this forum for a long time and didn't have time to work on anything for Roster2Outlook.

The main reason is that I just didn't have the time. And to be honest I don't see this changing in the near future.

Also I'm not happy about the new Google api's, they seem to bring more problems than solutions for Roster2Outlook.

And finally there are many alternatives available now that do the same or more than Roster2Outlook.

So I'm actually considering if I should continue with Roster2Outlook or stop. I don't think that I'll have time to make a good working version that exports to Google with the time available to me at the moment. So if I do find some time again I'll probably start from version 3.3 again, remove the Google export and try to keep that running as good as I can with the limited time available. I started some time ago with an export to Outlook.com and maybe I can finish this so that at least you can export again to an online calendar. From Outlook.com you should be able to share to any device the same you were able to share your calendars from Google. Or just go back to the bare basics, export to Outlook what it all started with.

For the moment I'll leave all the available version (including the beta version) online, but won't have time to work on it.

So sorry guys but I just have to be realistic and you should know what you can expect from me (which isn't much at the moment).

Nils
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates!
The following user(s) said Thank You: anmueller28, Icaro1435, markus, Quax, Norman, sallet

Re: Some sad news 2 years, 11 months ago #2590

Hi Nils,

Firstly, thanks for all your efforts so far on R2O, its been a fantastic effort and very much appreciated. Your post has left it open that you may look at R2O issues except the Google api problem and my laptop has recently updated causing R2O to stop at 1% with an error message. I don't use Google and have no wish to do so in the future as I use R2O to export the roster directly to my Outlook calendar locally on my laptop which in turn, automatically updates with my online calendar. I thought it would be worth me asking whether you're still interested in solving the odd problem or whether you simply don't have any time. I completely understand if you don't have time to look at it but I got the impression that aside from the Google issue, you may want to keep it ticking over.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I won't be offended if you tell me to sling my hook!!! Let me know either way and I'll either send you a debug file or leave it!!

Regards,

Re: Some sad news 2 years, 11 months ago #2603

• Nils
Hi,

You got it right. However I don't have much time, and because of all the changes I made to try and get it working for Google, it will still take me some time to revert all this.

But you can certainly send me a debug file and I'll try to look at it as soon as possible (I'm on leave now for a coupe of weeks though).

My first attempt will be to get Roster2Outlook back to the basics exactly how you and I use it. Make sure it works with local Outlook. And then maybe Outlook.com. I still use it almost daily by exporting directly to Outlook myself.

Nils

Re: Some sad news 2 years, 11 months ago #2612

Hi Nils

For me and my circumstances this is not sad news at all. I'm glad you are trimming it back to the original basic function of R2O. I find it an invaluable program, once on outlook my roster is accessible to friends and family on any mobile device. I have the MCCRoster too but find it handy for me but not so good for sharing. So keep up the good work Nils, I'm very grateful.

I too am having the same issue with it freezing at 1% on download. Also, no biggie, but a minor irritation for me is the splash screen covering up the download progress when I set the download to begin on program start. I'll try and get around to uploading a debug file for you soon.

Glad to hear someone can get leave in something resembling a summer month. Enjoy it.

Re: Some sad news 2 years, 10 months ago #2668

Hi Nils,

Firstly just a big thank you for all your efforts with R2O. I can't think that anybody can complain if you cut back on your support - I don't know where you get the time from anyway!

I too am getting the freeze at 1% with an eventual message of "Your username or password do not match". Could it be anything to do with the eJ shutting down the accesb.easyjetairline.com address and switching us to crew.easyjet.com instead?

Or could it be because I have just changed my password and there is a glitch in the system somewhere that is not now recognising the new password from R2O?

If you need a debug file, how do I get one for you?

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Some sad news 2 years, 10 months ago #2689

• Nils
I'm still using it without any problems.

I've now a downgraded version myself with all the Google stuff removed. Sort of testing to see if I didn't delete too much, but everything seems to work well.

If both of you send an e-mail to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , I can send you the same version to see if that one works for you. If it doesn't work we can start troubleshooting from there.

Thanks, Nils
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds