Your Airline

busyLoading Poll...

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Make a Donation

Do you like the program? Why not donate some money to maintain and improve this website and the program?

Enter Amount:

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Roster2Outlook on MAC with WineBottler
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Feedback
  • Page:

TOPIC: Roster2Outlook on MAC with WineBottler

Re:Roster2Outlook on MAC with WineBottler 9 years, 4 months ago #614

• Nils
@Firefly
The duplicates should be solved in the latest version. Roster2Outlook uses a different way to create the appointment IDs and a duty on a specific day now always has the same ID (plus a sector number if you export as separate sectors). When you import a duty with the same ID, the previous one is replaced, so you don't end up with duplicates.

@luispedro
The Mac version is not going very fast unfortunately! Or actually, very slow! I'm not a Mac man and can't get used to it. Everytime I work on it I need half an hour to see what I did last time. Then when I'm back where I left I always run in to unexpected problems I have to solve, so before I have done anything usefull, an hour has passed.

As I don't have much time anyway, this isn't helping, so I don't work on it a lot. And when I work on it I only get frustrated by the limitations of Apple (that's how I see it anyway ).

With the busy summer schedule I don't see anything changing soon.

I still hope to get it done, but I can't say when it will be finished. I'm probably at about 20-25%, but that took me about a year! Things should go faster now, because I've resolved many problems I ran in to, but I only get somewhere when I actually find time to work on it.

At the moment the priority is to keep the Windows version working for everyone. Although this version is very stable, with the amount of new users and new airlines each day, there are a lot of different rosters. I still see functions of AIMS I haven't seen before and then I need to change something in the code to make it working for this function. Any change I make could result in another error for other users, so it never seems to stop!

But I'll try to start working on the Mac version again as soon as I've some time. The more I work on it, the less time I have to spend looking back where I left, so the more efficient I can work.

Nils
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates!
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by Nils.

Re:Roster2Outlook on MAC with WineBottler 9 years, 4 months ago #615

Hi Nils.
Can i ask you what language you're using on mac?
Have you think about build as an AIR application using Flash Builder (Ex-Adobe Flex)? That way it will be hybrid and would work on both platforms (WIN and MAC)

Re:Roster2Outlook on MAC with WineBottler 9 years, 4 months ago #617

• Nils
Hi,

I've tried several options, including AIR, as the multi platform environment looked promising. However, a very simple mac application created with AIR was about six times as big as the windows version of Roster2Outlook.

So I've chosen Objective-C in XCode/Cocoa to create a Mac version.

I've managed to find how to perform the (most) important steps, but now I found that even small steps take a lot of time to rewrite the code in objective-c.

So be patience, and some day I hope to release the first (simple) mac version!

Nils
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates!

Re:Roster2Outlook on MAC with WineBottler 9 years, 3 months ago #651

Hi Nils.

I was thinking about creating an API for R2O so anyone can use it the way they like.
I mean, creating other kind of application based on your code to extract the roster from AIMS.
Application like desktop gadgets, AIR, Flex or Flash applications, integrate with other applications, social networks, etc...

What you think?

Something simple that returns a XML file or even a PHP page?

That could be an easy way to introduce iPhone to Roster2Outlook

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds