Your Airline

busyLoading Poll...

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Make a Donation

Do you like the program? Why not donate some money to maintain and improve this website and the program?

Enter Amount:

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Automation of R2O & Windows Home Server WHS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Feedback
  • Page:

TOPIC: Automation of R2O & Windows Home Server WHS

Automation of R2O & Windows Home Server WHS 6 years, 4 months ago #1639

So I was looking for a remote access solution to Roster2Outlook so that I trigger a refresh of my schedule via my phone etc... turns out it was completely unnecessary. Its easy!

There is a lesser known feature of R2O called "command line arguments".

Basically these give R2O instructions about what you want it to do. The main ones I was interested in were:
C:\>Roster2Outlook.exe /a/u1
Runs Roster2Outlook in automatic mode for the first user in the list. Only works with a download add-on, as Roster2Outlook will attempt to download a roster automatically in this case and will export to Outlook/Google (whichever was used before). Afterwards Roster2Outlook quits.

C:\>Roster2Outlook.exe /s/u2
Same as above, but without any Roster2Outlook windows and for the second user in the list. Roster2Outlook will put a little icon in the notification area to show it is running. In all examples below /a can be replaced by /s to hide the Roster2Outlook window.

Further info found here: roster2outlook.com/index.php/userguide/4...mmand-line-arguments

So, to automate the process you can create a shortcut to R2O and change the TARGET to something like:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Roster2Outlook\Roster2Outlook.exe" /a/u1
[all you do is add '/a/u1' to enable automatic running for user 1, you add this after the last " symbol]

You can also do this in Windows Scheduler and create a schedule for this to happen without any input at all.

I have an old Windows Home Server that now runs this for me a couple of times a day. The only other catch with WHS is that you have to add the site address for your remote access to the list of trusted sites found in Internet Explorer, otherwise it bombs out at 19%.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds